Privacy and data protection policy
The Wild Network respects and is committed to protecting your privacy. This Data Protection Policy lets you know how your personal information is processed and used. We promise that we will take steps to use your personal information only in ways that are compatible with this Data Protection Policy. The following policies are only in effect for the web pages, newsletters, comments forms, other forms and opt-in announcement lists owned and operated by The Wild Network on thewildnetwork.com By registering on this site, you consent to the collection, use and transfer of your information under the terms of this policy. The following discloses our Data Protection Policy:
Information that we collect from you and how it is used
- Every computer connected to the Internet is given a domain name and a set of numbers that serve as that computer's "Internet Protocol" (IP) address. When a visitor requests a page on the thewildnetwork.com web site our web servers automatically recognise that visitor's domain name and IP address. The domain name and IP address reveal nothing personal about you other than the IP address from which you have accessed our site. We use this information to examine our traffic in aggregate, and to investigate use of The Wild Network, its users, or to cooperate with law enforcement activities and enquiries. We do not collect and evaluate this information for specific individuals. Our web servers do not automatically record email addresses of the visitors to our web sites.
- The Wild Network and its member organisations may use single-pixel gif images, sometimes referred to as web bugs or web beacons, to count web page accesses and gather some general statistical information. The Wild Network does not gather personal information through the use of these images.
- The Wild Network offers access to or may in the future offer further access to some services that require registration. We may use your registration contact information to send notification to you of The Wild Network products and services by email and/or postal mail. We will not share that information with any third party, save where we are required to do so by law or other applicable statute.
- We may also request your email address or mailing address for the purposes of conducting a survey or to provide additional services (for example, subscriptions to email newsletters, announcement lists or information about conferences and trade shows). Whenever we request the identity of a visitor, we will clearly indicate the purpose of the inquiry before the information is requested. We maintain a strict policy on the protection of our data in accordance with the Data Protection Act 2001 (as amended), which means that we do not sell, rent, or otherwise give your email address to a third-party, without your consent or as permitted by this Data Protection Policy.
Disclosure of your information
- The Wild Network will disclose personal information and/or an IP address, when required by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- Cooperate with the investigations of purported unlawful activities and conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on The Wild Network
- Protect and defend the rights or property of The Wild Network web site, or visitors to the thewildnetwork.com web site
- Identify persons who may be violating the law, our terms and conditions of use, the rights of third parties, or otherwise misusing the thewildnetwork.com site or the computer equipment on which it is hosted (whether owned by The Wild Network or a third party)
- Fulfil a user's order or request
Security and data retention
- We employ security measures to protect your information from access by unauthorised persons and against unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction and damage. We will retain your information for a reasonable period or as long as the law requires.
Accessing and Updating
- You also have a right to be informed within a reasonably delay, on request, what information we hold about you, how we obtained it, and to whom we may pass it on. Such a request must be made in writing. The Wild Network reserves the right as allowed under the act to levy a fee for this service.
- We may from time to time send emails announcing new products and services. Except as stated above, The Wild Network will not send you emails that you have not agreed to receive.
- Changes to our Data Protection Policy
- Any changes to our data protection policy in the future will be posted to the site and, where appropriate, through email notification.