Sunship Earth Camp (8-12 yrs)
August 25/29 at a beautiful woodland site on Dartmoor £235 per child (8-12 yrs) - times tbc
A wonderful educational outdoor adventure that every 8-12yr-old should have...
Who are the 'Night-watchers'? Can you find the ‘Top Secret Area’ and discover the mysteries of the 'Giant Leaf'? Can you solve the mystery of the ‘Lost Letters’? Can you crack the secret code? You will have to enter the 'Forest of 7 Secrets' to find out and receive your very own ‘Passport to Planet Earth!'
5 years in the making, and brilliantly conceived by the Institute for Earth Education, the SUNSHIP EARTH experience sets out to awaken the feelings and impart the understandings that will help young people better fulfil their responsibilities as ‘crew members’ of ‘SUNSHIP EARTH’ ie. the planet we live on. The children are supported by a specially trained team of leaders and volunteers to have the very best fun whilst exploring the forest, forging new friendships, gaining deep understanding of natural cycles, and of course developing a healthy nature connection.
Some of the highlights of the camp include:
- A different adventure every day!
- 15 activities focusing on the ecological concepts of energy flow, cycles, diversity, community, interrelationships, change, and adaptation.
- Discovery Party activities that promote a sense of adventure and help to build a sense of wonder and place
- Earthwalk activities in a “Touch the Earth” format to sharpen senses and perceptions and encourage first-hand contact with the natural world
- Campfire storytelling and music - hear the ‘Legend of the Aurora Tribe’
- Lots and lots of games
- Learn some traditional craft skills
- Magic Spots
- Nightwalk And much, much more....!
See our website for more info or call 01803 868269
Moretonhampstead, England, Dartmoor TQ13
Google map and directions